Real Estate Works
REW started as one of the largest Real Estate Newspapers of its kind anywhere in the world, circulating more than half a million copies, each with hundreds of pages, every week across Vancouver.
Today, REW.ca is the best real estate search platform in Canada, and the leading marketplace in BC with an audience twice the size of its nearest rival. It has grown by offering people simple, effective home search, augmented with relevant real estate data to empower better decision making.
But REW is more than REW.ca, it's a team of creative people, driven to improve the property process, one digital experience at a time.
Vision for the role
The Role Real Estate Wire (REW), the leading Real Estate listing portal in British Columbia and Ontario, is seeking experienced sales professionals who are interested in joining a fast-growing real estate technology company.
Specifically, we are looking for a Business Development Representative - Agent Sales to join our sales team. The Business Development Representative will be a highly motivated, self-driven sales professional with a proven track record. This individual will be responsible for generating new client acquisitions through new and current product offerings, as well as renewing customer product subscriptions within their book of business. The majority of sales activities will be conducted over the phone and by email but limited local travel will also be required.
- Generate, increase and retain marketing and subscription revenue for new and existing real estate professional customers
- Build and manage a sales pipeline by aggressively prospecting: setting phone appointments, following up with all appointments, calls, and emails, and performing marketing and product demonstrations
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly targets while documenting and following up on all activities in the company’s CRM
- Become a consultative sales specialist with in-depth knowledge of REW's marketing solutions, together with the capability to communicate how they create a competitive advantage for clients who use them
- Keep abreast of current online marketing strategies, methods, and trends, including competitive market and industry trends
- Provide a high level of sales and customer service
Education, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of sales experience
- Demonstrated success in achieving and exceeding sales goals through new customer acquisition and management
- Demonstrated success in consultative selling and presenting multiple solutions to ensure the best fit with customer needs
- Ability to use critical thinking in a variety of situations and to solve "real world" problems faced by our target customers
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational and follow up skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Online advertising sales background is a plus
- Background in Real Estate is helpful but not required
- Excellent computer and internet skills, including experience with Microsoft Office programs
- Post-Secondary education
This position provides a base salary + target based commissions and a generous benefits package. If you are interested in working with a rapidly growing real estate media company with a very well-established brand, we would very much like to hear from you!
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and résumé to [email protected] with, “BDR - Agent Sales”, in the subject line.
Life at REW
We believe real estate can be one of life's great adventures, and we exist to inspire and equip people for that journey.
People over profits.
- Profits are important, they keep the lights on, but we will not compromise the quality of our work or make ourselves miserable in pursuit of financial gain.
We solve problems.
- Creativity is in our DNA, we approach problems with real enthusiasm and look for the many ways we could add value and make a positive impact on the people we serve.
The experience matters.
- We do work that matters for people that care and we take pride in the work that we do. If it doesn't make the grade, we go back to the drawing board.
Adventure requires courage.
- Uncertainty is part of life, we don't pull back from the edge, we take the risk and stretch ourselves. It's not only about the outcome, but the thrill that comes with the adventure of it all.
No jerks allowed, be humble.
- We operate in a climate of mutual respect, and we treat each other well. We don’t elevate ideas above people, if you're a jerk then you ain't welcome here.
We show up for each other.
- We hire smart people, give them great work, and treat them like adults. No matter how we each choose to approach the day, we show up when we're needed and we deliver for the team.