The Role Real Estate Wire (REW), the leading Real Estate listing portal in British Columbia and Ontario, is seeking experienced sales professionals who are interested in joining a fast-growing real estate technology company.
Specifically, we are looking for a Business Development Representative to join our sales team. The Business Development Representative will be a highly motivated, self-driven sales professional with a proven track record. This individual will be responsible for generating new client acquisitions through new and current product offerings, as well as renewing customer product subscriptions within their book of business. The majority of sales activities will be conducted over the phone and by email but limited local travel will also be required.
- Generate, increase and retain marketing and subscription revenue for new and existing real estate professional customers
- Build and manage a sales pipeline by aggressively prospecting: setting phone appointments, following up with all appointments, calls, and emails, and performing marketing and product demonstrations
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly targets while documenting and following up on all activities in the company’s CRM
- Become a consultative sales specialist with in-depth knowledge of REW's marketing solutions, together with the capability to communicate how they create a competitive advantage for clients who use them
- Keep abreast of current online marketing strategies, methods, and trends, including competitive market and industry trends
- Provide a high level of sales and customer service
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2-3 years of sales experience
- Demonstrated success in achieving and exceeding sales goals through new customer acquisition and management
- Demonstrated success in consultative selling and presenting multiple solutions to ensure the best fit with customer needs
- Ability to use critical thinking in a variety of situations and to solve "real world" problems faced by our target customers
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational and follow up skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Online advertising sales background is a plus
- Background in Real Estate is helpful but not required
- Excellent computer and internet skills, including experience with Microsoft Office programs
- Post-Secondary education
This position provides a base salary + target based commissions and a generous benefits package. If you are interested in working with a rapidly growing real estate media company with a very well-established brand, we would very much like to hear from you!
Life at REW:
Based in Olympic Village in Vancouver, REW has an open and casual work environment, but we know how to buckle down to get a project in on deadline. Our office is fast-paced and target-driven, and our employees have the freedom to manage their own time and projects. We want REW to be an amazing place to work, and we take care of our team. In addition to competitive compensation and bonus incentives, we provide a comprehensive benefits package, professional development budget and fun team events.
To Apply Please submit your cover letter and résumé to [email protected] with, “Business Development Representative”, in the subject line.