Started in 2012, REW is the leading real estate marketplace in western Canada and is on the path to becoming the prominent residential marketplace in Canada for new homes, resale, and rentals. We’ve assembled a great team of fun, passionate, and smart people to build this amazing platform, and we’re on a mission to find more exceptional individuals to join our team.
We're looking for a talented DevOps engineer to join our growing team. Our teams work directly with product owners, from the concept and proposal phase, to planning and build, and ultimately to the delivery. As a DevOps Engineer, you'll be responsible for looking at site release, environment management, deployment management and pipeline creation of DevOps.
- Collaborate in a small team to design, develop and deploy high quality, complex, and highly scalable systems
- Investigate, architect, plan, and provision cloud-based systems
- Perform site deployments to various environments
- Work with the software development teams to streamline our build processes and release management via continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Assure teams have supporting infrastructure for entire lifecycle from design to release and liaise with development, QA, and operation teams
- Continuously monitor and improve the performance, durability and reliability of our services
- Respond to operational incidents and perform root-cause analysis
The Right Fit
- You are a hands-on contributor and can lead by example
- You have a strong understanding of Agile methodologies and experience in DevOps engineering on an agile team
- You are a creative and proactive problem solver who works best in a fast-paced Agile environment
- You thrive under pressure and easily manage multiple demands in a deadline-driven environment
- You have the ability to explain your design rationale and articulate your development design process with the project managers
- You are able to work in an on-call rotation schedule and support staff for off-hours support of our services
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in AWS DevOps role
- Bachelor of Computer Science or a similar technical degree
- Proficient in scripting and automation skills
- Experience with CI/CD and gitops services
- Experience with different deployment methodologies canary, blue green
- Experience with day-2 ops, monitoring and alerting, data migrations, backup recovery
- Proven experience in multiple cloud vendors and infrastructure as code tools
- Solid business and collaboration skills with the ability to respond to changing service needs and operational demands
- Passionate about DevOps patterns and tooling that is frequently evolving
Life at REW
Based in Olympic Village in Vancouver, REW has an open and casual work environment, but we know how to buckle down to get a project in on deadline. Our office is fast-paced and target-driven, and our employees have the freedom to manage their own time and projects.
We want REW to be an amazing place to work, and we take care of our team. In addition to competitive compensation, we provide a comprehensive benefits package, professional development budget and fun team events.
Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with ‘DevOps Engineer’ as the subject. We can’t wait to hear from you!