Started in 2012, REW is the leading real estate marketplace in western Canada and is on the path to becoming the prominent residential marketplace in Canada for new homes, resale and rentals. We’ve assembled a great team of fun, passionate, and smart people to build this amazing platform, and we’re on a mission to find more exceptional individuals to join our team.
REW is seeking a Lead Data Developer to play a key role in enhancing and maintaining a data platform that processes real estate related property and consumer data.
This is a diverse role ideal for someone who enjoys owning all aspects of developing end-to-end data flows including, gathering requirements, data modeling, ETL script development, and data quality control. The data sources include third party APIs and streaming events captured on REW. We work on an agile data platform built on cloud hosted databases (Amazon RDS Postgres) and data processing scripts (Python running on EC2 instances). We also use specialized services such as Google BigQuery for website event analytics.
The lead data developer also acts as a key database platform technical resource, assisting with the development of the architecture, creating and executing data import & data export scripts and APIs as necessary, assessing data accuracy, and helping to ensure the ongoing data and operational integrity of the data platform.
The Right Fit
- You are eager to ship often & iterate quickly
- Your have strong interpersonal skills and communcation skills
- You have worked collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan sprints and releases
- Your past work has demonstrated creative thinking, effective problem solving and attention to detail
- You have the ability to explain your design rationale, articulate your development design process and explain the reasoning behind your decisions
- You have exceptional time management skills and ability to efficiently mutliask in a fast-paced environmenmt
- You have the ability to lead and coach the team
- You consistently maintain a positive attitude, have a willingess to learn, and ability to take both cirticism and feedback.
- You delight in learning, as well as tackling new and disruptive technologies, and enjoy solving hard problems under tight deadlines
Skills + Requirements
- Proficiency in a Python or Java programming language for data processing.
- Postgres (or SQL Server / Oracle) experience - admin, creating objects, modeling
- Strong database performance optimization skills
- Demonstrated data programming skills (using scripts or ETL products such as SSIS, Talend, Informatica, DataStage, Pentaho).
- Must have strong data modeling work experience - dimensional modeling / normalization of transactional data.
- Experience with AWS RedShift, Google BigQuery
- Experience with Amazon Web Services - RDS, EC2, S3, Lambda.
- Experience with dev-ops practices - CI/CD
- Git and GitHub work experience
- Experience with visualization tools - Tableau, PowerBI
- Experience with data analysis and data mining
- Bachelor of Computer Science or a similar technical degree
- 10+ years of data / ETL experience
Life at REW
Based in Olympic Village in Vancouver, REW has an open and casual work environment, but we know how to buckle down to get a project in on deadline. Our office is fast-paced and target-driven, and our employees have the freedom to manage their own time and projects.
We want REW to be an amazing place to work, and we take care of our team. In addition to competitive compensation and bonus incentives, we provide a comprehensive benefits package, professional development budget and fun team events.
Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with ‘Lead Data Engineer’ as the subject. We can’t wait to hear from you!