Real Estate Wire, is a real estate marketplace and information hub in BC and Ontario.
Whether you're buying, selling, learning, or simply perusing, REW provides you with a fast and easy home search experience, and arms you with the information and connections you need to take on your real estate goals.
REW has grown exponentially year over year since we opened our doors in 2011. We attribute our success to our remarkable and hard-working team, who come into work every day dedicated to creating the best possible experience for our customers.
Our goal is to be the #1 source for real estate search across Canada, and the industry leader in the evolution of home search behaviour.
REW is seeking a Senior Software Developer ROR to play a key role in enhancing and developing new features for REW.
This is a full stack developer role ideal for someone who are motivated, experienced developer and thrives on collaborative software development. You enjoy owning all aspects of development including requirements gathering, front-end development, back-end development, data modeling, and communicating with external services and databases. We are looking for self-motivated developers who love to code, have an extraordinary level of curiosity and are motivated to solve real-world problems. We love people who are constantly seeking to learn and develop their skills and find simple ways to solve difficult problems. We are looking for people who are disciplined and self-reliant but prefer to work in teams.
The Right Fit
- You are eager to ship often & iterate quickly
- You have worked collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan sprints and releases
- Your past work has demonstrated creative thinking, effective problem solving and attention to detail, and you have the ability to explain your design rationale, articulate your development design process and explain the reasoning behind your decisions
- You thrive under pressure and easily manage multiple demands in a deadline-driven environment
- You consistently maintain a positive attitude and respond well to code review suggestions
- You delight in learning, as well as tackling new and disruptive technologies, and enjoy solving hard problems under tight deadlines
Skills + Requirements
- Demonstrated Ruby on Rails programming skills on a production product
- Experience with common libraries such as RSpec, Resque, caching
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Solid understanding of server-side templating languages (Liquid, Slim, HAML)
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated testing and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
- Familiarity with development build tools (Bower, Rake, Bundler)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a similar technical degree
- 3+ years related work experience
- Work experience with ReactJS programming
- Work experience with GraphQL programming
- Familiarity with DevOps practices
Life at REW
Based in Olympic Village in Vancouver, REW has an open and casual work environment, but we know how to buckle down to get a project in on deadline. Our office is fast-paced and target-driven, and our employees have the freedom to manage their own time and projects.
We want REW to be an amazing place to work, and we take care of our team. In addition to competitive compensation and bonus incentives, we provide a comprehensive benefits package, professional development budget and fun team events.
Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with ‘Senior Software Developer ROR’ as the subject. We can’t wait to hear from you!