Started in 2012, REW is the leading real estate marketplace in western Canada and is on the path to becoming the prominent residential marketplace in Canada for new homes, resale, and rentals. We’ve assembled a great team of fun, passionate, and smart people to build this amazing platform, and we’re on a mission to find more exceptional individuals to join our team.
REW is seeking a Senior Software Developer ROR to play a key role in enhancing and developing new features for REW. This is a full stack developer role ideal for someone who are motivated, experienced developer and thrives on collaborative software development. You enjoy owning all aspects of development including requirements gathering, front-end development, back-end development, data modeling, and communicating with external services and databases. We are looking for self-motivated developers who love to code, have an extraordinary level of curiosity and are motivated to solve real-world problems. We love people who are constantly seeking to learn and develop their skills and find simple ways to solve difficult problems. We are looking for people who are disciplined and self-reliant but prefer to work in teams.
The Right Fit
- You are a hands-on contributor and can lead by example
- You have a strong understanding of Agile methodologies and experience in application development on an agile team
- You are a creative and proactive problem solver who works best in a fast-paced Agile environment
- You thrive under pressure and easily manage multiple demands in a deadline-driven environment
- You have the ability to explain your design rationale and articulate your development design process with the project managers
- You are able to mentor and coach data developers though individual relationships and group skill-sharing activities
- 5+ years of professional experience with production web development
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a similar technical degree
- Demonstrated Ruby on Rails programming skills on a production product
- Experience with common libraries such as RSpec, Resque, caching
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Solid understanding of server-side templating languages (Liquid, Slim, HAML)
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated testing and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
- Familiarity with development build tools (Bower, Rake, Bundler)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about technology and the impact of emerging technologies
- Work experience with ReactJS programming
- Work experience with GraphQL programming
- Familiarity with DevOps practices
Life at REW
Based in Olympic Village in Vancouver, REW has an open and casual work environment, but we know how to buckle down to get a project in on deadline. Our office is fast-paced and target-driven, and our employees have the freedom to manage their own time and projects.
We want REW to be an amazing place to work, and we take care of our team. In addition to competitive compensation, we provide a comprehensive benefits package, professional development budget and fun team events.
Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with ‘Senior Software Developer ROR’ as the subject. We can’t wait to hear from you!