REW.ca - the online arm of established newspaper Real Estate Weekly - is seeking a self-starting Marketing Communications Specialist in the Vancouver area to promote and drive its varied content, which ranges from comprehensive property listings to agent profiles to real estate news and advice. The right candidate will be an experienced communicator with a track record of success and a head full of ideas, who loves working with a vibrant and entrepreneurial team.
- Assist with the day-to-day management of all REW.ca Marketing and Communications initiatives to ensure that the brand and company message is consistent across all channels.
- Create and/or update marketing materials as required, including: the website, collateral pieces, etc.
- Implement the company’s overall online and offline communications strategy. Ensure it aligns with business goals, marketing plan and editorial voice.
- Develop and execute a communications plan to promote REW.ca's content and data in the mainstream media, which will include planning, writing and circulating press releases, using your media contacts and further developing press relationships to earn coverage in print, online, on radio and on TV.
- Execute and further develop REW.ca's social media strategy for both editorial and portal content, with frequent social media posting, administering social media promotional campaigns, and further promoting content by using your own social influence and reaching out to and developing relationships with influencers and interested parties.
- Developing and promoting editorial content using REW.ca's data and listings information.
Skills and Experience
- Four or more years of proven experience in a marketing and communications role.
- Real estate industry experience is a plus.
- Excellent copywriting skills with a portfolio of successful work, and an understanding of developing and using a brand "voice" consistently.
- Experience in developing and successfully executing communications/media relations plans, and a good network of media contacts.
- Advanced knowledge of social platforms and tools. Applicants with notable social media influence will have an advantage.
- Experience in online community development, including contests, surveys and user-generated content, is an advantage.
- Excellent organizational, scheduling and time management skills.
- Excellent team player with strong communication skills.
- Accuracy with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to work with a cross-functional team.
- High energy individual with a desire to excel.
What’s In It For You?
- Competitive salary.
- Positive reward-based environment where your opinions and experience are valued.
- Opportunity to work with and for a market leader in an exciting new digital business sector.
- A great entrepreneurial team.
- Strong possibility of progressing into a permanent role.
Who We Are
Real Estate Weekly has been the trusted source for real estate information in the Lower Mainland since 1978. With our online portal REW.ca, the most comprehensive local real estate search site, we offer the largest real estate advertising network in the Lower Mainland. Our print publications reach over 450,000 households weekly, while the website provides the ultimate online search experience to local real estate buyers and sellers, directly linking them to agents, brokers and developers.
Please submit cover letter and resumé to email@example.com
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.