Glacier Media - is seeking an experience DBA in the Vancouver area to help build out their Real Estate Business Information Group. The Glacier Media Real Estate Information Group provides Real Estate data and information, related analytics and business and market intelligence, as well as comprehensive and sophisticated marketing solutions.
- Monitor and maintain all PostgreSQL databases
- Perform routine archiving, security, and auditing related tasks, according to applicable policies and procedures
- Support client database functions, including data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) services
- Provide management reports, customer reports, and data extracts
- Conduct research, analysis, and profiling to develop methods to improve database performance, functionality, and availability
- Support audit and security processes including access control and user management
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in database administration, development, and support
- Experience in Linux, Unix, and Windows system administration
- Experience in PostgreSQL and PostGIS
- Experience in database architecture modeling, design, and implementation
- Fluency with GIS concepts
- Expert knowledge in database performance tuning and query optimization
- Ability to work with agile teams to support dynamic and high-availability environments
- Strong knowledge of database backups/restores, clustering, mirroring, and replication
- Experience working with Real Estate or Property data is a very nice to have
- Data cleansing & high-level data management experience is nice to have.
- Restful database API development support is nice to have.
- Data access security and business rule management is nice to have.
- Rails experience is nice to have.
- Excellent organizational, scheduling and time management skills.
- Excellent team player with strong communication skills.
- Accuracy with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to work with a cross-functional team.
- High energy individual with a desire to excel.
What’s In It For You?
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Positive reward-based environment where your opinions and experience are valued.
- Opportunity to work with and for a market leader in an exciting new digital business sector.
- A great entrepreneurial team.
Who We Are
Real Estate Weekly has been the trusted source for real estate information in the Lower Mainland since 1978. With our online portal REW.ca, the most comprehensive local real estate search site, we offer the largest real estate advertising network in the Lower Mainland. Our print publications reach over 450,000 households weekly, while the website provides the ultimate online search experience to local real estate buyers and sellers, directly linking them to agents, brokers and developers.
Please submit cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.