Glacier Information Group is looking to add a software developer to our team. We’re a small group (4 full time developers) looking to add some experienced firepower to help grow our digital assets.
We are investing to strengthen and expand our key position in the real estate data market. Our company situation is sweet - Our primary property (Real Estate Weekly) is over 30 years old and a very trusted name in the industry. Our organic traffic numbers are already exceptional and still growing at an impressive rate, our company has the support (ie: $ investment) of our well connected parent company and there are so many market opportunities available to us we’re having to make hard prioritization decisions. Our existing codebase is in decent shape and we’ve got a strong, tech-savvy sales team pushing us to produce better products and helping us hone our offering.
Candidates will be assessed based on experience, academic credentials, a code review (performed by us) and communication skills. They should be able to prove they have the ability and experience to make solid contributions to an existing Rails application.
- Ruby on Rails (our core technology)
- Machine Learning / Data Analysis
- small development team (every person really matters!)
- respectful of the 40 hour work week
- participatory culture
- adhere to the github workflow process (code review all the things!)
- foster professional development
- competitive salary / bonus
If the opportunity to join us interests you, please don’t hesitate to check in with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Glacier Media's multimedia real estate division comprises real estate portal and news source REW.ca, Real Estate Weekly newspaper, commercial real estate paper Western Investor and associated magazines, special publications and websites. The division is looking for an experienced Marketing Communications professional to work holistically across multiple brands and elevate their visibility and reputation among the real estate community and the wider public.
This role is starting as a six-month contract position, to be carried out initially outside of the Glacier Media offices, with regular in-office strategy meetings.
Under the management of the Publisher, with some reporting to the Editor/Content Manager, you will:
- Promote the company's real estate division products among the real estate and development communities and the wider Lower Mainland public using all available channels.
- Apply your storytelling skills to develop brand messaging and create marketing/sales materials and advertising copy for the group's products.
- Execute and further develop the group's social media strategy for both editorial content and real estate data, with frequent social media posting and promotional campaigns, including using your own considerable social influence and reaching out to and developing relationships with influencers and interested parties.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive communications plan to promote the group's content and data in the mainstream media, which will include writing and circulating press releases, leveraging your media contacts and further developing press relationships to earn the group coverage in print, online, on radio and on TV.
- Develop and promote proprietary editorial content that uses the group's listings information and other exclusive data streams.
- Execute and manage user/reader surveys and reader contests as required and assist with the curation of user-generated content.
- Assist in the organization of events such as product launch celebrations, ensuring attendance of advertisers, stakeholders and media.
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum of four years of experience in marketing and/or communications for a technology- or news-based company. Experience in the real estate or development markets is not necessary but is beneficial.
- Excellent copywriting skills with a portfolio of successful work, and an understanding of developing and using a consistent brand voice.
- Proven experience in developing and successfully executing communications, media relations and social media strategies, and a good network of media contacts.
- Great time-management skills, problem-solving abilities, technological competence, ability to self-direct, commitment to fully owning a campaign from concept to completion, team playing, organizational wizardry and an engaging personality.
What we offer:
- A great position in a truly exciting, dynamic division that is undergoing rapid growth, with the feel of a startup but the resources and gravitas of an established national media company.
- A diverse, busy and engaging role that has plenty of room to develop, with the potential to extend or become permanent after the initial contract period.
- A wonderful team of colleagues and very supportive managers.
- A competitive salary.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send their full resume, plus a cover email telling us why you're perfect for the role, including any links and samples of previous campaigns and/or marketing materials, to:
Joannah Connolly, Editor/Content Manager, Glacier Media Group multimedia real estate division email@example.com
Closing date: July 10, 2015. Only parties selected for interview will be contacted.
REW.ca is the leading marketplace for Lower Mainland real estate, and we're looking for an inside sales associate to help us build out our revenue channels, partnerships and sales.
This is an exciting role for someone who enjoys online technology, driving change, and helping customers build their businesses.
What you'll do:
- Develop, win and maintain business to achieve and exceed sales targets through cold calling, lead generation, presentations and general marketing efforts.
- Maintain ongoing relationship with customers to maximize upsell opportunities and achieve revenue targets.
- Prepare reports and updates on business development activities.
- Monitor KPIs to ensure sales activity and pipeline funnel are in accordance with achieving revenue targets.
- Maintain excellent levels of product knowledge and be able to effectively demo products to both potential partners and cusotmers.
- Support the creation and ongoing improvement of sales and marketing materials (website, emails, sales sheets, online advertising, etc.)
What we're looking for:
- High level of self motivation and ability to work with a small close-knit team
- New business development experience in a related field such as web marketing and/or digital media
- Strong presentation skills, and understanding of the consultative selling process
- Enthusiasm for networking and establishing new relationships
- Understanding of digital media and online subscriptions products
- Flexibilty to wearing many hats and excelling at new challenges
We offer competitive compensation packages, located right outside of downtown, next to public transportation and surrounded by great restaurants and coffee shops.
Please submit cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.